The CCS Medical Therapy Program provides medically necessary physical and occupational therapy services to children and young adults with medically eligible physical disabilities at Medical Therapy Units located on public school campuses. The goal of medically necessary physical and occupational therapy services is to assist the child or young adult in the development of functional skills and independence and improve the quality of life for both the child and their family.
Medical Therapy Program Services Include:
- Evaluation of patient's physical condition and regular re-assessment to track any changes and identify when treatment is needed.
- Individual and/or group therapy
- Collaboration with parents, caregivers, teachers, physicians, Regional Center, and specialized medical equipment vendors
- Home evaluation to determine equipment needs and help solve challenges in the home
- Coaching of family or caregivers to carry over skills gained in therapy into daily life
- Creation of custom splints and adaptive equipment
- Community visits to explore options for public transportation, education and life skills in the community
- Assessment for different types of equipment to help with mobility and life skills
- Other related case management activities related to the child’s needs
- Medical Therapy Conference with physician oversight of therapy programs
- Liaison to Children's Hospital of Orange County Specialty Clinics to coordinate care between the CCS Medical Therapy Program and CHOC medical specialists
Who Is Eligible for the Medical Therapy Program?
- Children and young adults birth to 21 years of age with a qualifying medical diagnosis
- Resident of Orange County, California
What Conditions are Medically Eligible for the CCS Medical Therapy Program?
Physically disabling conditions such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy, traumatic brain injuries, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, brachial plexus palsy, spinal cord injury, and other neuromuscular and orthopedic conditions.
How Do I Apply for the Orange County CCS Medical Therapy Program?
Submit the following documents to the CCS Office:
California Children’s Services
200 W. Santa Ana Blvd.
Santa Ana, CA 92701
- A completed and signed CCS Program Application
- A completed Service Authorization Request requesting MTP therapy services or a prescription for physical and occupational therapy services
- A current medical report dated within the last 12 months from the child’s physician describing the child’s medical condition
Medical Therapy Units (MTU) Locations
600 W. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, Ca 92801
|Baden Powell MTU
2911 Stonybrook Dr.
Anaheim, Ca 92804
|Carl Harvey MTU
1635 S Center St.
Santa Ana, Ca 92704
|Costa Mesa MTU
425 E. 18th St.
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
24242 La Cresta Dr.
Dana Point, Ca 92629
|Garden Grove MTU
6202 Cerulean Street
Garden Grove CA 92845
4771 Campus Drive
Irvine, CA 92612
710 Golden Ave
Placentia, Ca 92870
Mission Viejo, Ca 92692
(949) 951-7390 fax
13601 Browning Ave.
Tustin, CA 92780
7200 Trask Ave.
Westminster, Ca 92683
455 W. Baker
Fullerton, Ca 92832